At Wentworth Galleries we get quite a few first time art buyers through our doors. Like anything, buying art can be a little bit puzzling to the uninitiated. Here are a few tips to help out first time buyers and seasoned collectors alike:
1. Purchase something you love. There's always a good chance it will appreciate in value and if you love it on your wall, you get something out of it every day. If the time ever comes that you want to sell it, you may get a very pleasant surprise. We do have some very good investment packages available but first and foremost, make sure you like the work.
2. Buy from a reputable art dealer with an established track record. We've been in business more than 15 years and have literally thousands of satisfied customers all over the world that can contact us for advice at any time.
3. Look for an authenticity guarantee. They are very important. We source directly from the artists and if we do acquire a work from elsewhere, we make sure of it's provenance and pass those assurances onto the customer.
4. Purchase artwork by serious, professional artists. Artists that are making a career of painting are much more likely collectable. A great source of enjoyment for many people is following the careers of specific artists they admire and purchasing pieces by that artist over a period of time. All of the artists we represent are committed to a career as an artist and we always aim to acquire the most outstanding works by any particular artist.
5. Look for flexible exchange and return policies. We allow customers to trial art in their home or office throughout Sydney. We also offer an industry unprecedented exchange guarantee for 2 years. Any artwork purchased from Wentworth Galleries can be exchanged for full credit toward another work for a period of 2 years.